Saturday, April 7, 2007

Been a long time...

I went on a hike with some family in Shing Mun Reservoir Park yesterday. Although it was cumbersome, I brought my D80 and tripod with me because it'd been nearly 2 years since my last photo visit to the area. The sky was overcast and a boring gray, but at least it made for a comfortable hike.

The water levels were already beginning to rise and despite the gray skies, the waters were a nice dark green (made even deeper because I used a circular polarizer):




I found a secluded little spot in the northern part of the reservoir. The lighting was pretty flat so I decided to experiment with the shot to make it look more like it was shot with IR film (the original can be seen here):



I think this spot would probably look better during the wet season when the water levels flood the park.

Anyways, it was probably stupid of me to do this ('coz I was alone at this point and I had zero phone reception), but I hiked upstream to see if I could get closer to the source of the water. I am SO glad that I wore my trusty Timberland hiking shoes because it was a slippery trail (I had about $10,000 worth of non-waterproof gear with me so any slip would have been costly...). But in the end, I think it was worth it because I finally reached this area:




More photos of Shing Mun (both Wet and Dry seasons) here.

4 comments:

Ca Ca said...

No way, this is NOT the "Shing Mun Reservoir Park" I know!!!

Ur pic are nice & pretty ...... but where are the monkeys, bbq sites, ppl and laughs???????

Teru said...

Does this look more familiar?

Campsite

said...

咁laughs呢?

Teru said...

Sigh...how can there be any without you here?