Saturday, April 7, 2007

Been a long time...

I went on a hike with some family in Shing Mun Reservoir Park yesterday. Although it was cumbersome, I brought my D80 and tripod with me because it'd been nearly 2 years since my last photo visit to the area. The sky was overcast and a boring gray, but at least it made for a comfortable hike.

The water levels were already beginning to rise and despite the gray skies, the waters were a nice dark green (made even deeper because I used a circular polarizer):




I found a secluded little spot in the northern part of the reservoir. The lighting was pretty flat so I decided to experiment with the shot to make it look more like it was shot with IR film (the original can be seen here):



I think this spot would probably look better during the wet season when the water levels flood the park.

Anyways, it was probably stupid of me to do this ('coz I was alone at this point and I had zero phone reception), but I hiked upstream to see if I could get closer to the source of the water. I am SO glad that I wore my trusty Timberland hiking shoes because it was a slippery trail (I had about $10,000 worth of non-waterproof gear with me so any slip would have been costly...). But in the end, I think it was worth it because I finally reached this area:




More photos of Shing Mun (both Wet and Dry seasons) here.

4 comments:

Ca Ca said...

No way, this is NOT the "Shing Mun Reservoir Park" I know!!!

Ur pic are nice & pretty ...... but where are the monkeys, bbq sites, ppl and laughs???????

Teru said...

Does this look more familiar?

Campsite

才 said...

咁laughs呢?

Teru said...

Sigh...how can there be any without you here?