Sunday, April 15, 2007

Top of the World

Today turned out to be another sunny Sunday. I didn't really have anywhere to go but I didn't want to waste the great weather, so I went for a quick stroll around the Peak.

You know, I've passed this huge Banyan tree countless times, but I never photographed it before. I wonder how old it is?



It never ceases to amaze me the way people use pets as a vanity project. The perfect grooming aside, look at those little red booties.

Despite the great weather, the smog situation was still pretty severe. Look at the view from today:

compared to the view from 2005:

And the sad thing is knowing that things will only get worse for a long time before they get better (if they get better).

Woah, sometimes I still find it hard to believe the density of the buildings in HK:


Here are 2 photos that rank under the category of "Making the Best of a Situation." As many of you know, I'm a stair freak. Love to shoot 'em, even when they aren't that interesting. So when I saw the escalators in the Peak Galleria, I just had to shoot them. But the lighting was a bit too low and I had issues with camera-shake blur. So I made the best of the situation and did some zoom blur shots.




Here's a more conventional shot. Actually, I'm trying to figure out whether this version or the cropped version is more effective. Which do you prefer?

3 comments:

said...

有冇去食蝦?

Teru said...

Do you mean Bubba Gump Shrimp? Nope, never been there; too much of a tourist spot. Went down to Central for some good old 翠華.

said...

翠華行過d ----蛇竇, 仲好feel~