Tuesday, October 16, 2007

YEAH! It's official!!!


It's funny the amount of work you need to go through just to add some letters to the end of your name. PMP; not as illustrious as MBA or Ph.D but it's a start.

Man, that certification exam was so frickin' hard! It was nothing like the sample questions in the PMP Prep book or in the lecture notes. Whereas those questions are usually specific and clear cut, the questions in the exam were very abstract and open ended. I've never taken a test where so may of the answer choices were potentially right. So I had no way to be confident that the answers I considered the best were really the accepted answers. By question 100 I was already drained and was so tempted to throw in the towel. After finishing the 200 questions, I had to take a break to clear my mind. Luckily, I had over an hour left so I went to the locker for a drink and quick snack (they don't let you bring anything into the testing room except your ID). Then I went to the bathroom to splash some water on my face. Felt a lot better. Went back into exam room and reviewed some of the questions and actually noticed some keywords that I missed the first time (the sugar from the chocolate bar paid off...hooray for Snickers).

After combing through my answers a second time, I finally clicked on the End Test button. Man, the 10~15 seconds it took to process my answers felt like an eternity. I can't express the feeling I got when I saw the words "Congratulations, your overall score is a pass..."

Too bad they don't give the actual score because I really would have liked to know how well I did and which questions I missed. But anyways, I'm just ecstatic that it's all over. Tonight was the first night in a long, long time that I didn't have to pick up a book to study and it felt gooood.

Gonna sleep well tonight.

No comments: