Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hong Kong Park

Didn't want to waste the sunny day but couldn't really think of anything to do, so I went to Hong Kong Park.

Love is in the air



First time visiting the Bird Aviary. Seems everytime I visited before, it was always closed.







I'm not a Gear Freak and I still firmly believe that it's the Man not the Machine that makes a good photo. However, Bird Photography is one of the very few exceptions where gear really does matter. Those 4-figure priced lenses really do make a difference, especially with their large max apertures and VR/IS capabilities. Since I don't have any of those in my arsenal, I had to make due with my 18-200mm VR and 70-300mm G (hence the high noise levels from the high ISO settings and fuzzy focus).




While I was panning around with my lens, I happend to see this. What the Hell?

Ah, turns out some guy was recording bird calls.
Cool. While everyone else was busy capturing visuals, it was refreshing to see someone capturing his aural experience.

No comments: