Friday, October 19, 2007

The Boat Man and the Sea

Saw this scene and took a quick snap. I used a Circular Polarizer filter, so the water became an amazing cobalt blue:


Actually, which version is more effective, the color one or the B&W? The color shows a great contrast of the small red boat surrounded by a deep blue sea, but the monotone version seems more fitting with the feel of the shot:


Sigh, with work and study, it'd been ages since I picked up my D80. Using it again this morning, it felt like meeting up with an old friend...

3 comments:

kRiZcPEc said...

I prefer the first version over the B&W one. I like its colour and contrast...while in the other version, perhaps because of what he wore, I find him sort of mingling with the sea...just the way I feel.

kRiZcPEc said...

esp his hat...

Teru said...

Yeah, the B&W has a more timeless theme, but there's not enough contrast in the shot for an effective B&W.

I'll stick with the color.