Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Nippon!

It's been ages (well, 4 years actually) since my last visit to Japan so I took a short trip to Osaka and Wakayama this past weekend.

A great way to start my vacation: a Bacon Double Whopper from Burger King. I wish that they'd open up some branches in town instead of just being at the airport.


You gotta love the Japanese. They manage to make even dangerous situations seem cute:


What's the first thing that hits my eyes the moment I reach the Arrivals Hall in Wakayama?




I keep saying, Starbucks is a city-wide viral infection. All it takes is one Starbucks to pop up in an area, and pretty soon the entire town is infested.

Dinner at the hotel. Nothing special, but just being in Japan made this simple meal so tasty!

It's the attention to the little details that I love about the Japanese mindset. Take something as simple as toothbrushes. I love that they used 2 different colors so that you don't mix them up. You'd think that such a simple idea would be obvious, but I'm sure we've all been to plenty of hotels that just offered same colored (usually white) toothbrushes.

No comments: