Sunday, June 10, 2007

Red Tide!

I've been in HK for nearly 10 years now and even though I've heard countless news reports on red tide, it wasn't until yesterday that I actually saw what it looks like.

The typhoon shelter outside my apartment was infected with the funky Cochlodinium sp. that's been plaguing the waters lately. Strips of red algae were floating in the normall green water. Looked like something out of a sci-fi movie (you know, one of those alien invasion/infestation deals):




Sh!t, first non-stop rain and now red tide. Looks like I'll have to put my wakeboarding plans on the backburner.

4 comments:

said...

爛gap:

我都見過la.. 洪潮峰lor!

Teru said...

:O

BTW, I believe the term you are referring to should be 爛gag.

said...

係喎
我果然係錯字王

kRiZcPEc said...

Hey...just worked out how to add link in blogspot, so I added your blog to my link list.