Sunday, July 8, 2007

North Garden

Went to North Garden Restaurant in Sheung Wan for lunch yesterday. It's been around for years but this was my first time visiting. Definitely deserves a recommendation! In addtion to the standard Cantonese fare were some pretty tasty innovations.

Wasabi sauce garoupa filets

Egg white & crab filled pot stickers.

Sesame balls, but with "running sand" filling instead of the usual lotus paste.

A more standard (but still really good) "golden" salty egg fried softshell crab. Sorry for the messy look, I didn't think to take a photo until after chomping half the serving. Can you blame me?


3 comments:

kRiZcPEc said...

Hey, how do you handle the lighting in the resturant? difficult for me to take photo of food under that lighting, too dim for my camera most of the time.
btw, I think "Seseme balls" should be "Sesame Balls", er?

Teru said...

Sesame
Ah, good catch. Corrected.

I usually use Spot metering and manual white balance.

In this particular instance, the photos were easy to do because I was sitting next to a window which provided plenty of light. But on average, my Casio EX-Z850 allows me to use higher ISO values because it has a larger CCD (1/1.8" instead of the usual 1/2.5") which is why I chose it as my carry-around DC. Good ISO performance, PASM modes...if only it had a 28mm wide lens.

kRiZcPEc said...

spot metering and manual WB...thanks