Friday, March 23, 2007

Zero Appeal


Finally gave Coke Zero a try today.

Well...at least the can looks pretty.

It's not that it tastes bad (it's definitely better than the atrocity that is Diet Coke) but it's just so flat. Coke Zero may have 0 sugar and 0 calories and 0 fat, but it also has almost 0 taste. To me, the appeal of Coke is that punch that it packs when it first hits your mouth. Take that away and you're just left with a boring black liquid.

You know, whenever I hear anyone order a diet-whatever I can't help but think "what's the point?" Either drink something healthy like juice or water or bite the bullet and order a regular soda. I'm reminded of that line Brad Pitt did in an episode of Friends: "It's no fat, no sugar, no dairy... It's no good, throw it out.'

6 comments:

said...

你今時今日先飲!!! hohoho!

得閒行下c!tysuper, 好多水貨飲品.

Teru said...

Hey, it was only officially released in March here.

Actually, I wanna try out Coke Blak (coffee flavored coke) too. It never came out here in HK but C!tysuper probably has it.

said...

我第一次飲係係c!tysuper買架!
唔係呢度
你要去個雪櫃先多飲品款

乜Coke Blak係咖啡味?咁就要試下,我唔知乜味,一路唔敢試

Teru said...

乜Coke Blak係咖啡味?咁就要試下,我唔知乜味,一路唔敢試

Give me a shout when you do. So far, all the reviews I've read of Blak have been bad.

Ca Ca said...

The point is alot of ppl are addict to coke.

Although soft drinks are not my favour, this zero sugar&fat coke gives me one more choice.

Teru said...

Eh...

I still think that most people buy it only because the can looks so cool...You know how obsessive HK'ers are with new fads.