Sunday, June 22, 2008

Po Ma Shan

Woke up this morning and thought I was back in Okinawa. Blue skies and white clouds...it's been a long time since they've appeared in HK.

So my photo buddy and I decided to make our pilgrimage to Po Ma Shan. Funny, it's a very popular spot amongst photogs and yet in all the years I've been in HK I'd never been there. Not that I didn't want to, but between work and bad weather weekends, it's just been a real challenge to find the right time to go.


It's not an easy trek. It's not overly challenging, but between the branches and boulders, it's easy to get scratched up. Took me half an hour to clean up the damage I took to me hands and arms.





Took forever plucking out the slivers from my arm. Look at the size of this sucker!!!




But like they say: no pain, no gain. It was worth the trip.





My abstract for the day: The City of Lights.

4 comments:

kRiZcPEc said...

You meant BRAEMAR HILL?

Teru said...

Yep, 寶馬山, AKA Braemar Hill. But I'm confused as to the naming convention, because it seems that when people refer to the residential area they call it Braemar Hill, but when they talk about the actual hill they call it Po Ma Shan (even the minibus listed the destination as "Po Ma Shan").

Anonymous said...

that's quite interesting as I haven't noticed any minibus stating the location that way, will keep an eye. Nice set of photos and thanks for the clarification. :)

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks