Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Okinawa, Day 3

Breakfast. Those 2 black things on my plate are normal sausages flavored with squid ink. Good stuff!


The beautiful beachside lawn

After breakfast, nice stroll on the beach...

...and then PLAYTIME!!!








Afterwards, a more leisurely pace snorkling (wow, I LOVE my new WP-DC17 waterproof case for my Ixy 910!)


I've uploaded a movie of the eel to my youtube page here



No wonder I'd been seeing so much sea cucumber on my plate, the sea was full of them. Couldn't go 10 paces without stepping on one!



Next, a visit to the Ashibinaa Outlet Mall for some shopping. But first, lunch!


More of the sea grapes


Tasty takoyaki (octopus balls)

Look at the size of the octopus meat!



Something I didn't expect to find: tacos!!!



After dropping some major Yen at the Outlet mall, next stop: more shopping at Kokusai Street (國際通).

Some highlights on the neat stuff I saw:


See Mr. Robot moving here.

Seriously...would anyone really want one of these? Yeah, let's hang a dead frog around our neck and go digging in its inards for some money.


Ha, ergonomical undergarments to improve your figure




And in case that's not enough, you can take a drink of BoinBoin! I love a product name that's so descriptive! LMAO!!!


"Drink Bath"? Is this what I think it is? And in 2 flavors...kinky!


I noticed a lot of women wearing these arm covers. I asked and found out that the purpose is to keep their arms nice and white. But if that's the case, why doesn't it cover the entire arm?


Cool flipflops! Of course, no one will ever know unless you take them off your feet.


Kind of inappropriate for summer, but dinner was a seafood hot pot


The main attraction was waiting back in the hotel though...


Fresh Hokkaido crab!!!


Look at the size of that sucker!




To cap it all off:



No comments: