Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Okinawa, Day 5

All good things come to an end.

Originally, I planned to go light and have a simple salad for breakfast. Then I realized the folly of that logic and went all out. After all, why would I want to miss out on that terrific tasting bittermelon and thick Japanese congee?


Spent the morning going to various temples and such. Nothing spectacular. After lunch, a final go at shopping at Naha Main Place and its surrounding area.


All these wonderful electronic goodies, but sadly all look and no buy:



3m and 10m water resistent DCs! But for sale in Japan only, i.e. no English mode for the menus...

So spending was mainly on food and DVDs.



Ooo...donuts ribbed for your pleasure...


And cupcakes with fried egg topping (yeah baby, uber carbs and cholesterol all in 1 snack)


I opted for the "simple" dark choco green tea donut


LOL! Look at the size of my eyes. I must have been on a sugar rush.


I love the names that Japanese bands come up with.


So touching, a charity box for Sichuan Earthquake victims.


Such a thoughtful design; a place to put the toddler while you're doing your business


One last calorie buster before coming home. Deep fried tonkatsu; surprisingly non-oily. And so tender!



Awesome trip. A great way to recharge myself for the rest of the working year.

No comments: