Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sam Sam

Yesterday morning, we received a call from Lo Wu that one of our Control Point terminals broke down and needed to be urgently replaced so after spending most of the morning setting up the software for the new terminal I was shipped out during lunch to go replace it. Well...not exactly shipped out since we couldn't book a car on such short notice, so I had to do it the old fashioned way and that the KCR.

Anyhoo, it took another hour or so to going through levels of security clearance and setting up the terminal and just as I had finished installing/testing the terminal, another engineer came in and said that the office that I'd been working in was scheduled to be replaced.

What?! You are NOT serious...

Turns out, yesterday was the day the Visitor Hall of Lo Wu (the office I was working in) was scheduled to use the new system. Which means the old system terminal that I'd invested 5 hours of my day working on was slated to be disconnected and removed. Somehow, the schedule got bumped up by 2 weeks but no once (including the V-Hall Duty Officer) knew of the change.

Bastards...

But what the hell, it was 16:30 and I figured that by the time I got back to the office it would be well past closing time, so I went over to the big Lo Wu Shopping complex over in Shenzhen (or as my aunt so lovingly calls it, Sam Sam). I hadn't been there in ages and I was curious if anything had changed.

There were a lot less people (especially HK Tai-Tai's) then before, probably because most of the Designer Handbag Knock-off shops were either closed or in hibernation. I was hoping to find a mini tripod with flexible/bendy metallic legs for my little DC but the one camera shop that was still open didn't carry them. But I did manage to pick up so nice looking fabric that I'll probably use in my next photo shoot.

You know it's funny the way people are so obsessed with designer labels. Well, funny/sad, really. You see all these people walking around with expensive looking bags/clothes/watches but just looking at the wearer you can tell that the stuff is all counterfeit. I mean, I don't want to sound all Class Descrimination, but what's the point of wearing all that stuff when people who look at you automatically assume that it's fake? Sure, if no one knew it was fake then there might be a sense of accomplishment but with Sam Sam knock-offs being so common knowledge, it's just so futile.

I dunno, I just think people would be happier if they lived within their means. Sure, aim high and strive for improvement, but don't go buying scuba flippers if you don't even have legs...

1 comment:

said...

你的時間比公司買起左
點你咪點你lor~ hohoho