Sunday, September 23, 2007

Critics who love to criticize

Don't you hate critics who are over critical just to make feed their own self-esteem?

Back in May, I wrote about my first visit to Family One in TST. Great experience, loved the food. It's been a while since my last visit and I recently read a restaurant review in a popular magazine that gave low marks to Family One. I found it hard to believe some of the comments so I decided to go back again to see how things are going.

Couldn't be happier to report that the food is still great. The problem with this critic is that he enjoys the criticism part of his job too much. 8 out of recent 10 reviews have been negative. Unfairly so, because he always supports his criticism by referencing fancy-pants restaurants for comparison. Pompous jerk.

Fantastic hand-beaten noodles. Chewy yet tender.


Careful when biting the dumplings and fried buns because they're bursting with soup inside.

Probably a bit strange looking to anyone who's never tried it, but the fried rice cakes with eel is really yummy. The color of the sauce may appear heavy but it's actually not as rich as it looks.

No comments: