Sunday, February 28, 2010

1:58:34


The alarm goes off. It's dark. The sun won't be up for another 2 hours but you're already eating breakfast. Is it worth it?

HELL YEAH!



The number of people this year was insane! It took me 6 minutes after the sounding of the Go siren before I even reached the starting line. The first 3km was basically a relaxed jog (except for the fact that everyone was elbow to sweaty elbow). Didn't get the results I wanted (1:58...9 minutes slower than last year) but at least I came in at under 2hrs.

You know, you can tell a lot about a person by the way they run in the marathon. For example, I saw Half Marathon people walking at the 3km mark. 3km...really?! How do you expect to finish a 21km race when you can't even make it past the 3km mark? And then there are those who keep cutting and pushing through the crowd. There are a couple hundred people in front of you; how far are you going to get?

Kenya won again. These winners are amazing; they run for 42km at speeds faster than 80% of the 10km runners. Respect!




Later in the day, I was on a bus to Central. It was funny feeling looking at all the traffic, knowing that just a couple of hours ago I was running down the same road.

1 comment:

Split AC LG Zamil Classic Gree said...

Thank-you for the info Heating and Cooling Toronto.