Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Make the time

We live such busy lives today and it seems like there aren't enough hours in a day to do everything we'd like to do. But if something's important enough, you make the time for it.


Y'all know that I'm an exercise freak. I used to exercise 6 times a week (3 days of weights and 3 days of running) but ever since switching jobs, I've had to cut down to 2 days of weight training and the occassional jog. The problem is that leaving work late means that there's no time to go running before dinner, and running afer meals isn't the best of ideas. Luckily, my workplace has a nice little gym complete with treadmills, steps and weight machines. My application was finally approved last week and I did my first session today during lunch. Seems that nobody uses the place so I had it all to myself. Ditto the changing room and showers.

It actually felt pretty refreshing to work out in the middle of the day. Getting the blood pumping, taking a shower and having a light lunch really woke me up for the rest of the afternoon (instead of the usual drowsy feeling after an hour-long lunch).

Who says that longer working hours = no time to stay in shape?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no boy use the place so hw come u hv to apply for it??
i m so busy recently,, so tired everyday for travel 3hr everyday to uni n from uni,, total 6 hr eveyday.. guess i hv no time to chat wif ya on msn anymore,, will see u in july,, haha

Teru said...

'Coz it's electronically locked. I needed to register my staff card number onto the the Allowed Access list.