Friday, November 30, 2007

7 years

Today was my last day working at the Immd. Wow...has it really been 7 years? I can still remember the first day I reported for duty here.

Earlier this week, when was asked how I felt about leaving soon, I honestly answered that I had yet to feel anything. I guess it really didn't hit me until today. During my last bus ride to work, the last stroll from the bus stop to the office, the last time signing in...I suddenly felt very nostalgic about everything. Even changing that damn water dispenser for the last time brought a smile to my face. All things considered, these last few years have been very memorable.

Seeing how I won't be in Wan Chai for a while, I took this last chance to have lunch at Mr. Steak over at Sanlitun. I love this place, but I do wish that they'd offer a buffet-only menu.

The famous Small Soup

All-you-can-eat salad bar.

It's a bit of a tradition for us lunchmates to have someone accidentally spill their glass of water. Seems fitting that on my last day, someone managed to do it one last time...even in Mr. Steak.


Yummy Linguine with Ox Tongue in Pesto sauce. I usually choose the smallest lunch set because...

...I need the extra room for the all-you-can-eat desert. The apple crumble and the bread pudding never disappoint. Hell, even their cookies are hard to resist. If they packaged these bad boys, I'd be the first in line to buy them.



In the afternoon, I made my rounds to the various floors, taking photos, shaking hands. I guess I never realized how many acquaintences I'd made over the years.

Anyone who's worked in this building knows how stupid the software that controls our eleveators is, but all the same, I've always liked the way the polished metal interior looked. I couldn't get a sharp photo, but this blurred shot looks pretty funky.


Finally made my way down to the "Perso" center, where all the magic occurs. Even though I was transferred out of the travel document team a few months back, I still find it hard to not think of it as home.


In my farewell letter to my colleagues, I wrote "I'm saying 再見 rather than Good-bye because Hong Kong is too small a place for our paths not to cross again." And in any case, co-workers come and go, but friendships can last a lifetime.

So long guys, and I'll see you when I see you :)

No comments: