Saturday, August 18, 2007

Worth the wait

My PMP class got cancelled today so I went to see "The Simpsons Movie" with my pal Casey. He managed to get tickets to the fancy smancy Director's Club for 1/2 price. So worth it. Cushy sofa seats, a hot dog and unlimited popcorn and drinks all for just $87






2 tubs of popcorn later, ooohhh...me belly. Damn popcorn. Once you get going, you just can't stop. Especially when it's a mix of caramel and regular salty. Mmmmm.


Here's a table from the lobby. The people in the upper left corner are the local celebs who voice the Chinese dub of the movie. Dude, why would anyone go to a dubbed Simpson's movie? It misses the whole point; it's like going to a Japanese sushi restaurant and ordering Fish and Chips. Comedy is one of those things that you just can't translate. I still cringe when I think about the hack job the local cable station did with the Chinese dub of "South Park"

Also in the lobby, life sized Simpsons!


Why am I looking so happy?


...coz I want to make sure no one sees me get obscene with Bart. Hey Bart, "EAT MY SHORTS!" HA!


Felt so good to be out on Saturday, went a little crazy with the credit card. Actually, it was a really productive day. I found a bunch of stuff that I'd been looking for, like a nice pair of black non-baggy cargo pants, nicely fitting sunglasses and yes, a toy.


Yeah, yeah, I know. I haven't been into toys for some time now, but this particular toy has a certain sentimental value. It's a reissue of the 1980's version of one of my childhood favorites: Soundwave! The Transformer who turned into a walkman. I wonder how many kids these days even know what a walkman is. There's actually a new 2007 version that turns into an MP3 player, but it's just not the same.

Guess mid-life is creeping up on me.

2 comments:

said...

果舊公仔竟然同Vancouver戲院放果舊一模一樣!

唔同的係Vancouver冇變態佬

Teru said...

Vancouver冇...係咪好羨慕呢?