Monday, March 17, 2008

Fun times

Quite a fun-filled weekend. A BBQ party, night time shooting and then the HK Flower Show.

First the BBQ. Thx to Gingie for making all the arrangements (even though she's going to charge me $109,700 for it…). It was my first time eating in a Correctional Services Department (aka Prison). Great fun (of course, I was allowed to leave unlike the other inmates). It'd been years since my last BBQ.

Actually, things weren't looking to good at the beginning. Gingie was overly confident in my ability to start a fire without the quick-start ignitable tablets. This is how far I got:



Luckily, GG showed up and showed us the proper way to arrange the charcoals. Not that it was any help, because the fire still couldn't get started (but at least it looked more professional). Finally, a colleague of GG from the pit next to ours was gracious enough to toss us a quick-starter and the flame really got going:


My favourite kind of food: MEAT


And best of all, a homemade blueberry cheesecake. With yogurt filling and a cookie crumb crust!!! The yogurt was a perfect complement to the cheese and took away the usual heavy feel.


Afterwards, we drove into Shek O for some Star Trail photography. One problem though: no stars. And the moon was a bit too bright. I should have brought a GD filter with me because as you can see in this shot below, the trees and skies are nicely exposed, but the moon is totally blown out.


Anyways, since we couldn't shoot stars, we tried our hand at long exposure shots of the sea. Pretty cool effect:



Having done the serious stuff, we decided to try some more creative ways to play with long exposure shots. Let's start with Odie:


Then Gingie:


Then Me (naturally, the most disturbing):


Next came some painting with light. My rendition of Mr. Happy & Mr. Stinky:




And Gingie's version of ;} and her favorite letter



Of course, Odie topped us all with her ability to write her Chinese surname!!!


My failed attempt at "Teru"


But as you can see, the following 2 words came out much better. Just my natural talent, I guess. Yes…I realize how old I am. I was having some pre-birthday fun, so sue me!



I wanted to post a photo of Odie as the legless ghost, but my versions all came out bad. I'll post a pic if I can get a better sample from Ginge's camera.

EDIT: Here it is as promised




Anyways, thanks to Gingie, Odie and GG for a great night. Next time, we take on Man Yi Reservoir!!!

No comments: